The National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) is set to hold zonal review and planning meetings across the country to assess the progress of implementation of the NAADS interventions for wealth creation and deliberate on pertinent issues including challenges & lessons that will guide the new strategic direction for agro-industrialization and inform the planning & budgeting process for the FY 2020/21 and the medium term.
The zonal review and planning meetings will take place in fifteen (15) regional centers as follows;
|1||West Nile & Madi||Arua||20th – 21st January 2020|
|2||Acholi||Kitgum||23rd – 24th January 2020|
|3||Lango||Lira||27th – 28th January 2020|
|4||Bukedi||Busia||20th – 21st January 2020|
|5||Bugisu & Sebei||Mbale||23rd – 24th January 2020|
|6||Busoga||Jinja||27th – 28th January 2020|
|7||Kigezi||Rukungiri||20th – 21st January 2020|
|8||Ankole||Bushenyi||23rd – 24th January 2020|
|9||Tooro||Kasese||20th – 21st January 2020|
|10||Bunyoro||Kibaale||23rd – 24th January 2020|
|11||Greater Masaka||Masaka||27th – 28th January 2020|
|12||Mubende||Mityana||23rd – 24th January 2020|
|13||Mengo||Mukono||20th – 21st January 2020|
|14||Karamoja||Moroto||20th – 21st January 2020|
|15||Teso||Kumi||23rd – 24th January 2020|
The participants will include a wide range of stakeholders from both the public and private sectors from the various Districts and sub-county Local Governments within the respective zones.
The focus of the NAADS Zonal Review Meetings
In order to consolidate the gains so far achieved in the agricultural commercialization drive in a sustainable manner, emphasis will be laid on the following;
- Strengthening of agricultural commodity value chains anchored in the local economic development (LED) initiatives, in line with the Agri-Led model.
- Promoting the establishment of Area Based Commodity Clusters
- Supporting the establishment of farmer service centers and logistic hubs.
The specific objectives of the zonal review and planning workshops(s) are:
- To provide feedback/updates on the status of implementation of previous zonal and national level recommendations.
- To review the progress of implementation of NAADS interventions for wealth creation to inform decision making for the coming season 1, 2020 (for the remaining period of FY 2019/20) and subsequent agricultural seasons in the medium term.
- To review and map out strategies to guide implementation of the NAADS interventions for wealth creation at various levels of implementation (national, Regional, District, Sub County, parish and farmer level) in view of the agro-industrialization agenda.
- To agree on emerging opportunities, key undertakings, and recommendations for improving implementation of the NAADS interventions for wealth creation in line with the agro-industrialization agenda to inform the budgeting process for the FY 2020/21 and the medium term.